||Tacoma or Puyallup
||Varies during day shift
|Will depend on experience
Serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining record and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patients arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients anxieties; answering patients questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of receptionist experience in a medical environment
- Ability to multitask and provide exceptional customer service
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Proven attention to detail and scheduling experience
- Ability to be professional and provide high quality focus on customer needs.
- Ability to type 60 wpm
- 2+ years of medical receptionist/medical billing experience
- AA degree in administration
- Familiarity with medical terminology