|Office Manager||Varies in Pierce County|
|Non-Exempt/Hourly||Varies between the hours of 7a-7p|
|Will depend on experience|
NWIH is seeking Medical Assistant to assist providers and other members of the health care team in clinic offices by performing a variety of back office and patient-related tasks and ensuring smooth patient and work flow within the department. The Medical Assistant performs a variety of patient care procedures within the Medical Assistant (MA) scope of practice, which may include but is not limited to: injections, EKGs, ear lavage and blood draws, measuring patient vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, and temperature),manage rooming and patient flow, including pre-visit preparation, assisting with the patient visit, and post-visit duties, informs provider of schedule changes that impact patient flow, may assist with front office activities and varied scheduling tasks and reports test results as directed by the provider.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with Washington State Department of Health Medical Assistant - Certified (CM) or Medical Assistant Interim (IC) credential required.
* Strong aptitude for detail, and ability to work independently, required.
* Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills required. Skill in using a PC required.
* At least 3 months previous experience working in a clinic environment
* Provide overall rooming support to the team
* Use EMR to obtain and transmit information.
* Obtain pertinent history and vital signs.
* Give limited information/results to patients within scope of practice.
* Coordinate referrals to other specialty clinics.
* Coordinate clerical functions.
* Prepare and stock exam and workrooms.
* Maintain instruments, equipment and supplies.